iADH Congress, Acapulco, Mexico 2020
Rare disease and genetic disorders: special care dentistry.
1. An overview on how orofacial dysfunction are manifested in this population and how this could have impact on oral health and quality of life.
2. Mun-H-Center, an orofacial resource center for rare diseases, have collected information on orofacial function in rare diseases since 1996. Information from the data base on rare diseases will be presented.
3. Orofacial dysfunction is common in many rare diseases and needs a multiprofessional care to provide and secure oral health throughout the life span. Experiences from Mun-H-Center multiprofessional dental team will be presented
1. Examples of oral manifestations of rare genetic disorders
2. How to cooperate with other healthcare professionals in the diagnostic process.
3. The importance of interdisciplinary care, including oral health care, for individuals with complex syndromes
1. Classification and oral complications of the main dental syndromes.
2. Oral rehabilitation and multidisciplinary management. Dental impact through the OPMF preventive protocol. .
1. Medical and orofacial considerations for dental treatment.
1. Insights into the most important oral problems in patients with systemic sclerosis.
2. Treatment modalities to obtain a correct aesthetic and functional rehabilitation of sclerodermic patients.