iADH Congress, Acapulco, Mexico 2020
The Australian context - navigating cultural safety and the consequences of complex co-morbidities in providing oral health services to Indigenous Australians.
Dentistry on the run - hospital dentistry and managing urgent referrals for the transdisciplinary management Rheumatic Heart Disease, oncology and transplant patients.
Chair & Discussant
• Obstructive sleep apnea in children with Down Syndrome (DS).
• Clinical and Scientific evidence and case discussion.
• Main oral complications of the transplanted patient.
• Pharmacological implications in the management and treatment.
Dental management prior to transplantation and maintenance after transplantation.
1. The importance of the dentist integrated in the interdisciplinary team at the hospital.
2. Professional practice in the inpatient unit, operating room, intensive care unit and palliative care - case reports and professional experience.
3. Hospital dental care model for patients with high systemic complexity.
• Perioperative oral health management and post-operative pneumonia.
• How to use oral health assessment tool (OHAT) for effective oral health care.
Oral health management for a patient with tuberous sclerosis complex.
• Oral cancer treatment affects oral health and results in functional impairment and disability.
Proper dental management can significantly reduce the complications associated with oral cancer therapy.